Re: volume control keys (gateway 9300)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
> oops, now i think i see that you want to control the volume directly
> via some of your keys.  in that case, i don't think aumix will work
> for you.  sorry about that.
>
> From: sen_ml@eccosys.com
> Subject: Re: volume control keys (gateway 9300)
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:32:46 +0900
>
> > From: Nabil Hathout <Nabil.Hathout@univ-tlse2.fr>
> > Subject: volume control keys (gateway 9300)
> > Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:19:04 +0200 (CEST)
> >
> > > I have installed a debian potato on a gateway solo 9300. Every thing
> > > seems to be ok except the modem (that is normal since it is a
> > > winmodem) and the top keys that control the volume.  Wathever I do,
> > > the volume staus as it was set under windows 98.
> >
> > what is it precisely that you have done?
> >
> > > Does anyone know how I can regain control on the volume or in what
> > > direction I should look for a solution ?
> >
> > what has worked for me is the aumix program that comes in the aumix
> > package (but i have never used a gateway laptop w/ gnu/linux).
>

> --

I have a Gateway solo 2150 (Happily running woody) and I was actually
thinking of writing a program to allow you to use the volume and shortcut
keys. If anyone would be interested in this let me know.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson