Re: 2.4.0 test 7 has pcmcia problem

> ah, i hadn't thought of trying that -- i really like the in-kernel
> support because it seems to have done away w/ the "dhcpcd comes up
> before the interface is ready during the boot process" problem, so
> i don't want to go back ;-)

Hmmm, you should be calling dhcp from the pcmcia scripts, my config
uses pump to bring up the pcmcia adapter and get the interface
information. (In fact the interface opens and then pump closes it
and then re-opens it - but that is a quirk of the token ring
driver - but hey can't complain as I wrote it :)

> sounds pretty good to me -- only, i don't seem to be seeing much
> improvement for a number of the pcmcia devices (modem and ata) i use.
> i figure it'll get fixed soon enough...for now i'm content to switch
> between 2.4.0-testX and 2.2.16 depending on the need.

That's a shame, any chance you could make the changes required yourself
to bring the driver into the kernel ? I know Dave Hinds is very busy and
usually appreciates any help in this direction.

If you'd like some more help with this just let me know off-list

Mike
Home: phillim2@home.com
Work: phillim@amtrak.com