Re: 2.4.0 test 7 has pcmcia problem

From: Mike Phillips <phillim2@home.com>
Subject: Re: 2.4.0 test 7 has pcmcia problem
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:55:33 -0400

> sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
> >
> > From: Heather <star@betelgeuse.starshine.org>
> > Subject: 2.4.0 test 7 has pcmcia problem
> >
> > i was under the impression that the latest pcmcia-cs is not in sync w/
> > the 2.4.0 test series (or the other way around, depending on your
> > viewpoint) -- this seemed to be the case in the not-so-distant past,
> > anyway.
> >

> You should be able to get pcmcia-cs working as long as you don't
> configure any of the pcmcia support in the kernel.

ah, i hadn't thought of trying that -- i really like the in-kernel
support because it seems to have done away w/ the "dhcpcd comes up
before the interface is ready during the boot process" problem, so
i don't want to go back ;-)

> They did work at together at one point during the 2.3.99/2.4.0
> series, but I believe that most work is aimed at getting the pcmcia
> internal to the kernel working.

sounds pretty good to me -- only, i don't seem to be seeing much
improvement for a number of the pcmcia devices (modem and ata) i use.
i figure it'll get fixed soon enough...for now i'm content to switch
between 2.4.0-testX and 2.2.16 depending on the need.