Re: apmd no longer works with 2.2.15 on TP 385

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> >  after downloading the new kernel 2.2.15, patching it with the USB
> >  backport, and installing the new pcmcia-cs version from unstable,
> >  I'm stuck with a suspend/standby problem from apmd.
>
> I had a similar problem.  I wasn't getting the same log results as you, but I
> did have 2.2.15 not suspending where 2.2.14 did.

... and now 2.2.16 should suspend again ...

I've applied the patch for apm.c version 1.13 to the 2.2.15 kernel
sources and, voila, my laptop suspends again ;-)

So if you're an unhappy TP owner whose laptop doesn't suspend, wait
for 2.2.16 or patch apm.c ...

  -tom