Re: PCMCIA oddities with 2.2.15 on TP 760ED

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> wrote:

> Well gang, I'm at a loss.  I just cannot make this thing work!  I've
> recompiled the kernel and pcmcia-modules per the
> /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/debian/README file.  I built the packages
> twice using make-kpkg once with serial support as a module and the
> other with serial support compiled in.  I still keep getting the
> same weird port assignment (at least I think it's weird) and chat
> continues to fail saying it can't get terminal parameters and
> reports Input/Output error.  I looked at the PCMCIA-HOWTO and found
> few clues.  Is there another FM?

Well, I don't know whether this will help, but this happens to me:
look at the TTY which is assigned to your modem (or use /dev/modem).
Then set
	setserial /dev/modem irq 0

See whether your modem works after this -- if it does, you likely have
an IRQ conflict.  Try to
	setserial /dem/modem irq <number>
till it works (cat /proc/interrupts can help).  The funny thing is
that I have to pass through `irq 0' each time I reboot -- don't
understand why.

ChriS