Re: PCMCIA oddities with 2.2.15 on TP 760ED
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Nate Bargmann <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Well gang, I'm at a loss. I just cannot make this thing work! I've
> > recompiled the kernel and pcmcia-modules per the
> > /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/debian/README file. I built the packages
> > twice using make-kpkg once with serial support as a module and the
> > other with serial support compiled in. I still keep getting the
> > same weird port assignment (at least I think it's weird) and chat
> > continues to fail saying it can't get terminal parameters and
> > reports Input/Output error. I looked at the PCMCIA-HOWTO and found
> > few clues. Is there another FM?
Ok, now it's geing weird and possibly buggy. Here is how it works for
me at the moment:
1. boot (loads serial module because of init.d/setserial)
2. insert pcmcia card, two high beeps, looks good
3. try to dial out - no luck, I/O errors.
4. "cardctl eject" (easier on the socket)
5. "rmmod -a; rmmod -a" - gets rid of pcmcia stuff and serial
6. "modprobe serial" - loads serial module a second time
7. "cardctl insert"
8. dialout works
Why do I have to re-insert the serial module? I ran into this problem
last night after compiling 2.2.15 when pcmcia and apm quit working.
Anybody has an idea? something wrong with serial module after 2.2.12?