Re: XFree86, ATI Rage Mobility

Hugo van der Merwe writes:
| > I have a Gateway 9300 with 'ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage P/M Mobility
| > AGP 2x (rev 64)' video card, and I do not observe the issues you
| > mention. I run X in 16-bit 1024x768 happily.
|
| Do you use the XF86_SVGA server (which gives me no problems), or the
| XF86_Mach64 server, which is supposed to be accelerated or something.

I have a Dell I7K (8M ATI Rage Mobility AGP 2x) with a modified 3.3.6
XF_Mach64, runs fine in 1024x768.  I got the modified server from
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/.

| I need lower res's for things like quake... <g>

I too would very much like the ability to use lower-res modes, mostly
for playing MPEGs.  If anybody knows how to achieve this, I would be
grateful.

Mx.