Re: how to set default wm?

> with the right syntax for ln, I created the symlink WindowMaker pointing
> blackbox.
> but that still does not lead to blackbox with a startx. I think there must
be a
> .conf file somewhere which calls the default wm. Where should I look for
it?

I don't have a linux box nearby, so I'm doing this from memory.

If you have a .xinitrc or .xsession file in your home directory, you should
have something like 'exec /usr/X11/bin/blackbox' on the last line.

Otherwise, I think I recall there sould be a list of possible windowmanagers
in /etc/X11 somewhere. Just find it and put blackbox in it.

Hope this helps a little, and good luck finding the exact locations and
files :-)

Ben.