Re: how to set default wm?

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 10:09:35AM +0100, Benjamin F. Zhou wrote:
> Thank you all for the many replies.
>
> but there is no x-window-manager, only:
> /etc/alternatives/WindowMaker -> /usr/X11R6/bin/WindowMaker-debian
>
> but there is no WindowMaker-debian at all.
>
> I tried to manually redefine the symlink to point to /usr/X11R6/bin/blackbox
> with
>
> ln -s WindowMaker /usr/X11R6/bin/blackbox
> but got the msg "blackbox exists". what should I do?
>
> thank you
> Ben

Try ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/blackbox WindowMaker

Your working directory must be /etc/alternatives/

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson