Re: Bios Batter

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Robert Till wrote:

> Got a problem with a Fujitsu Lifebook, only its more hardware than linux
> I'm afraid.  Can't do the linux til I solve this.
>
> Previous owner of my machine, in his infinite wisdom, passworded the
> bios.  And set it up so that it can only boot from drive C:  Took the
> machine apart, looked for a bios battery, or a jumper to reset the
> bios.  Not available.  Guy just graduated from my college.  Having
> trouble making contact.
>
> Called Fujitsu, and they want $250 to reset the bios.  I'd say the
> laptop is worth $400 tops.  They say the battery is soldered in, and
> that only they can do it.  Any suggestions for solving this problem
> greatly appreciated.

You can find some bios utilities here:

http://www.hack-net.com/html/archives/display_archives_category.php3?
show_category=Password%20Crackers

I've tried the KillCMos, it works on a dell machine for reseting the
cmos data to be the factory default. But anyway, do as your own risk.

Good Lucky.

Larry Yeung