Re: how to set default wm?

Thank you all for the many replies.

but there is no x-window-manager, only:
/etc/alternatives/WindowMaker -> /usr/X11R6/bin/WindowMaker-debian

but there is no WindowMaker-debian at all.

I tried to manually redefine the symlink to point to /usr/X11R6/bin/blackbox
with

ln -s WindowMaker /usr/X11R6/bin/blackbox
but got the msg "blackbox exists". what should I do?

thank you
Ben