Re: APM and Suspend on IBM Thinkpad

William,

In all honesty, no, considering you use a laptop you are probably more prone to
physical security as opposed to network security.  In the long term learn about
sudo, this will provide better security as setuid could be a bad habit to get
into.

The less time you spend connected to a network with the same IP address the less
chance of a security flaw being discovered or taken advantage of.

By the way not bad for a newbie!

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.