Re: Please define SIOCADDRT

From: Matthew Quigley <mattq@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Please define SIOCADDRT
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 21:15:22 -0500

> What does SIOCADDRT mean, I get SIOCADDRT : Invalid argument  at boot up?

from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sockios.h:

/* Routing table calls. */
#define SIOCADDRT       0x890B          /* add routing table entry      */
#define SIOCDELRT       0x890C          /* delete routing table entry   */
#define SIOCRTMSG       0x890D          /* call to routing system       */

i would guess there was a problem try to add a routing table entry --
so you probably want to examine your network configuration process at
boot up.

i think i've gotten this error on my machines when some initialization
scripts run before a network adapter is available.