Re: New kernel (2.2.15), now keyboard/machine freezes often

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 05:38:17PM +0930, Mark Phillips wrote:
> > I've just compiled and installed a new kernel (version 2.2.15) on a
> > friend's Toshiba laptop.  He has emailed me today complaining about
> > keyboard freezes.  Actually, I'm not sure from his comments, whether
> > it is just the keyboard that freezes or the whole computer.

[snip]...
> 2. A problem with APM options in the kernel.  Are there any options to
> watch out for with the Toshiba Tecra 8000?

Do you have append apm=on in /etc/lilo.conf? some things changed about
apm settings lately, IIRC.

My workstation doesn't do power off on shutdown anymore without passing
apm=power-off to the kernel on boot, for example. This is something that
changed since 2.2.14.

HTH,

Wouter