Re: New kernel (2.2.15), now keyboard/machine freezes often

> I've just compiled and installed a new kernel (version 2.2.15) on a
> friend's Toshiba laptop.  He has emailed me today complaining about
> keyboard freezes.  Actually, I'm not sure from his comments, whether
> it is just the keyboard that freezes or the whole computer.

An update on the problem.  I have confirmed that it is not the whole
computer which freezes.  It is the keyboard in the console which
freezes (the console also seems to go blank).  I know this because I
can connect to the machine via telnet over the ethernet from another
machine.

The freeze happens often after booting.  One time it worked for a
while, but then froze when changing consoles.

I am guessing it is either

1. A interrupt conflict with the keyboard.  But /proc/interrupts
doesn't seem to show any conflict --- would it show up here?

2. A problem with APM options in the kernel.  Are there any options to
watch out for with the Toshiba Tecra 8000?

3. Some other kernel options wrongly selected for the compile.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Mark.