Re: Problem with IBM PCMCIA modem

> I then made the following entry in /etc/pcmcia/config:
>
> card "IBM V.90 PC Card Modem with XJACK"
>         version "IBM", "V.90 PC Card Modem with XJACK"
>         bind "serial_cs"
seems like a card bus modem, so try to bind 'serial_cb' to it,
standard disclaimer applies ;-)

btw personally I prefer:

- using config.opts for my changes, avoids conflicts with newer
  versions
- using the 'manfid' entry rather than the 'version' entry
  seems more precise, though may have some caveats, too. You
  get the according values from 'cardctl ident'
- the latest PCMCIA package, there are always improvements ;-)

but of course this is up to you.

Please let me know your results, I would like to inlcude them
into my database: http://home.snafu.de/wehe/pcmcia_linux.html

Good luck
-werner-

--