Re: Compaq Armada V300 and X

If you have any version of windows installed then that will tell you the type of
video card your laptop has.  Otherwise, have a look at your screen as your
laptop is booting, sometimes the video card prints info to screen just before
the bios information is displayed (you have to be a very fast reader though).

If you have any manuals for the laptop, then have a look, otherwise go to the
Compaq web site.  Hopefully then have a support area where you can get the
specifications of your laptop.

Once you have the video card name and manufacturer, use XF86Setup (or
xf86config) and select the type of card you want.  Doing this in XF86Setup will
automatically set the correct driver for you or tell you that it is not
installed (by name so that you can install it).

Hope this helps.
John.