Re: es1869 soundcard

    Marcin> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 09:03:53AM -0800, Camiel Coenen wrote:
    >>  Hi, I have a laptop with an ES1869 AudioDrive card, which I have tried to
    >> compile into the kernel. According to the manual in /usr/src/linux/
    >> Documentation/sound, I need to add the argument esstype=1869 to the
    >> Soundblaster configuration in order for the system to detect my card, but I
    >> haven't managed to with either make menuconfig or make xconfig. Other sound
    >> components such as OPL3 are successfully initialized during the boot
    >> process. Has anyone of experienced the same problem with the es1869 : can
    >> you help me out ?

I had this card on a desktop machine and use isapnptools to setup isapnp.conf
*because it was a PnP card*. I put the relavent arguments in
modules.conf/conf.modules (this was back my dark RH5.2/2.0.36 period) and
everything worked fine. For the sound configuration in the kernel I started by
saying M to soundblaster and no to everything else. Experimentation followed.

Try it.

Jord

--
Jordan Howarth					mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences	Ph:  (07) 3214 2465