Re: es1869 soundcard

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 09:03:53AM -0800, Camiel Coenen wrote:

> Hi, I have a laptop with an ES1869 AudioDrive
> card, which I have tried to compile into the
> kernel. According to the manual in /usr/src/linux/
> Documentation/sound, I need to add the argument
> esstype=1869 to the Soundblaster configuration in
> order for the system to detect my card, but I
> haven't managed to with either make menuconfig or
> make xconfig. Other sound components such as OPL3
> are successfully initialized during the boot
> process. Has anyone of experienced the same
> problem with the es1869 : can you help me out ?

In case everything else fails:

I have an ESS Maestro and I have been booting DOS with the DOS drivers
for the card to put it in SounBlaster Compatibility mode and then
automaticaly boot to Linux using LOADLIN in AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Good luck.

Rafa

--
Linux. The Choice of a GNU Generation! -> http://www.debian.org