Re: [sls@datamart.com: Base14-10.bin is broken?]

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> BTW, where can I download freedos?  Do they have a web site?

>From /usr/doc/dosemu/dosC/readme.dosemu:

  DOSEMU distributes the GPL version of DosC (FreeDOS version).
  ( current: version 1.0 Beta 2 Build 1937 )
  The source of this can be found at the following places:

    ftp://ftp.dosemu.org/pub/freedos/kernel/stable/

  and of course Pat's home site:

    ftp://ftp.iop.com/pub/freedos/
    http://www.iop.com/~patv

And, as this suggests, freedos is also included with dosemu.

I will mention, for those who haven't tried it recently, that the
rumor mill is saying that freedos has improved *greatly* over the last
few months, and is actually a pretty decent standalone DOS clone now.

Posted to the lists only in case others were anxiously awaiting the
answer.  This subject should probably move off-list now.  :-)

cheers