Re: [sls@datamart.com: Base14-10.bin is broken?]

Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
> > Sounds like a dbootstrap bug.  Maybe it can't handled 2-digit
> > base14-XX.bin file names.

> Actually, it's more likely to be rawrite2 that can't handle a 9.3
> filename.

Oh god, you're probably right.

> To solve the immediate problem, rename the files that don't fit in 8.3
> to something that does before running rawrite2.
>
> And for us, the thing to do is find a naming scheme for these files
> that doesn't break 8.3.

Urgh.  What about just finding a rawrite that understand vfat and
going with vfat in all cases rather than msdos disks ?

Does such a thing exist?  Someone pointed me to a MS Win rawrite but
I'd rather stay with straight DOS (or maybe both) if possible.

I guess we could name the files base1440.1, base1440.2, ...  or else
bse14-XX.bin.  But, oh, ick, I'd rather get away from 8.3 constraints
if it's humanly possible.