Re: Debian-2.0 on VAIO 505 FX

Uwe Nestmann wrote:

> I have the 505 FX (German win98 pre-installed)

> now the system does not (cold-)boot any
> longer, because it "cannot find the operating system".

This is most likely because your aborted install changed the active
boot partition on your hard drive. Until you are ready to try
installing Linux again, you can probably get things back to the way they
were by booting from the Windows startup floppy and going to MS-DOS
mode, then using FDISK to change the active partition back to the
one with Windows on it. After that you should be able to cold boot
Windows.

--Greg