pcmcia-problems

Hallo

I am trying to install debian-linux.
I am not able to reboot the system. It just stops with
the following message:
starting PCMCIA services: modules cardmgr

I am not able to configure the PCMCIA in the installation
program dbootstrap. I can4t select anything and if I type
>OK< the computer is planted.

I4ve tried to open a console from the installation
program and looked for files to modify, but they don4t
exist yet or I don4t know the ones which are relevant.

 Can anyone help me ?

It is an older thinkpad connected to a docking station.