Re: laptop "metapackage"

>> IMHO hdparm is no more important to a laptop than to a desktop...
>>

>I'm not sure here, are you saying hdparm should be included, or it's useful on
>all computers; desktops and laptops, so shouldn't be included here?  I think
>if apmd is going to be suggested for power management, hdparm should also be
>suggested by this metapackage.

I am saying that it has no special importance for laptops.  If we go down the
track of dragging everything that is needed for a laptop then we'll soon have
things like bash included which IMHO is not the aim.  The aim is to list all
things that are laptop specific or that have a special need in laptops.

You install hdparm if you want to tune your hard drive(s) for maximum
performance.  It doesn't matter if you have a desktop or a laptop.  If you
choose not to install hdparm on your desktop then you probably shouldn't be
forced to install it on your laptop.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.