Re: Laptop used in multiple network contexts?

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 11:39:13PM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> Adam Shand wrote:
>

> > you can do pretty much all of this with pcmcia schemes.
>
> I'm going to have to look into that; this is the first I've heard about
> pcmcia schemes.
>

> >  * if i suspend/hibernate/save to disk my laptop my network connection
> >    doesn't work when i restore.
>
> You need to eject the card before you suspend. That is true even on
> Windoze. What I do is

You might want to have a look at the scripts in /etc/apm, in particular
/etc/apm/apmd_proxy and /etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia. These aren't very well
documented (at least not in /usr/doc/ or man pages) but the scripts are well
commented and pretty self explanatory.

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer