Re: Laptop used in multiple network contexts?

Adam Shand wrote:

> you can do pretty much all of this with pcmcia schemes.

I'm going to have to look into that; this is the first I've heard about
pcmcia schemes.

>  * if i suspend/hibernate/save to disk my laptop my network connection
>    doesn't work when i restore.

You need to eject the card before you suspend. That is true even on
Windoze. What I do is
eject the card, then suspend, and when I reactivate, I reinsert the card
and then run my DHCP restart script which reconfigures the Ethernet
interface. This does, however, require that a DHCP server be available
on the networks you connect to.

--Greg