Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, mattwell@us.ibm.com wrote:
>I hope you decide to keep this discussion here. It seems very
>apropriate for this forum and I for one am interested in it.
>One thing I would like to see when installing Debian on a laptop
>would be a series of setups that optimise for low power consumption
>such as increased intervals between syncs etc.

Why not just have a HOWTO for this sort of thing?

I just use the noatime mount option and my laptop lasts as long as the
manufacturer advertises on battery power.

Is it really desirable to have long times between sync's?

I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.