Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, mattwell@us.ibm.com wrote:
>I hope you decide to keep this discussion here. It seems very
>apropriate for this forum and I for one am interested in it.
>
>One thing I would like to see when installing Debian on a laptop
>would be a series of setups that optimise for low power consumption
>such as increased intervals between syncs etc.

Why not just have a HOWTO for this sort of thing?

I just use the noatime mount option and my laptop lasts as long as the
manufacturer advertises on battery power.

Is it really desirable to have long times between sync's?

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.