Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

Drew,

Is the #2 CD set up for "tecra" images or "safe" slow SYSLINUX images?

I couldn't find the reference in the docs (it's late here and I'm
sleepy... probably would have bit me if it were alive...) as to which one
CD #2 is built for, but there are differences between those.

There's also tecra-safe images... which are a hybrid tecra and safe
SYSLINUX image also... aiee..!

One of the things I've always wondered is what exactly is LOST when using
a tecra image (my laptop required it also...).  Is there any good reason
the "normal" Debian images shouldn't just be the tecra-safe images and get
it over with forever for everyone?  I'm sure the developers already argued
this one out long ago, but I've never seen any docs on it.

If anyone knows, enlighten me.  I'm interested and listening!  :)