Re: Missing Time (There be Aliens?)

Drew,

If you want some help getting NTP to work, let me know.  It's very
accurate, usually requires that you run the hardware clock in GMT (I've
never gotten it to work any other way...?), and if your system clock is
(insert unknown SMALL value here... it's in the man page) off from the NTP
server, it DOESN'T set your system... it writes an error to its logfile
instead, complaining about the large difference.

NTP's overkill if you just want the clock fairly accurately set from the
network... it's a high-accuracy solution for a low-accuracy problem we're
tackling on laptops... my opinion, anyway.

But I do have it running on multiple machines (both the slink xntpd and
the new potato ntpd) and it works on both.