Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

> so the questions seems: "where to start?"

below is a good start

> I think we shouldn't make things to complex in the beginning:
>
> - so lets start with one kernel package 2.2.12,
>   which includes additionaly to the usual kernel: IrDA, APM,
>   USB, Framebuffer, (Mobile IP) ... [though it seems a not to difficult
> task
>   I don't want to do this]
>
> - and the according PCMCIA-CS package

I will check into this

> - start an official Debian laptop page, to collect laptop related
>   information (lets start small, too). I suggest to take my
>   proposal. [As long as there is no official Debian page, I can
>   host the project.]

I have one.  Just need to add actual data to it.  Give me a day or three Werner
and you and I will get together on this.

> - extend the laptop related installation doc. [I can make a
>   suggestion to this list and the maintainers]

No probs.

My own piece:

I would like to package 'laptop' or somthing similar.  Install this package and
you get a group of depends/suggests/recommends.  I have mentioned this in the
past.  Never got anywhere.

In the same vein, working on the boot floppies it should not be hard to add
'laptop' to the list of initial setups.  I can begin work on this as well.