Re: Shadow's manpages translation

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas François wrote:
:: Dear Debian Portuguese translators,
:: I found some little differences between the
:: English man pages and some pt_BR translations.
:: Can you have a look at it, and see if they need
:: an update?
[...]

	I checked the source file in Sarge and the
translation you are using were made by another project
called LDP-BR (Linux Documentation Project Brazil), the
translators used to work on Conectiva Linux, another
distro that recently join forces with Mandrake Linux.

	We are working on -l10n-portuguese to "balance"
our translation effort and reorganize our team and our
work methodology. Is it possible to give us a couple
of days so we can check the translations and decide the
best solution?

:: Can you provide an update as a bug to the shadow
:: package, or indicate if the man pages are so
:: different that they should be dropped because they
:: would mislead users (having a look at it, I don't
:: think so, but ... I don't speak Portuguese;)

	In a quick "overview", looks like that there
are some information that could mislead users,
specially some "parameters" for some commands.

:: The French translation was handled with po4a, which
:: permits to translate the man pages using a PO file,
:: and permits to ease future updates of the
:: translation).  You can have a look at the man/fr
:: directory in the shadow source package.  If you
:: want to use po4a, don't hesitate to mail me for
:: any question you have (e.g. I can prepare you the
:: po4a conf file, provide the POT file, and fill it
:: with the current translation).

	We just have to decide, but, sounds like a better
choice, the potfile is cleaner than the manpages, and also
allow "updates" in the future. And, if you can export the
potfile with the actual translation I don't see why we
shouldn't use this option. :o)

	The -l10n-portuguese has the final word, but I'm
feeling that we are going to work with po4a. We just need
some _extra_ days to update the files, is it OK for you to
wait?

:: There is an opportunity to include this update in Sarge.

	Good!!!

:: Thanks in advance,

	Thank you to contact us! :)
	Cheers,