Re: Shadow's manpages translation

Hi (or Oi),

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 11:34:09PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	I checked the source file in Sarge and the
> translation you are using were made by another project
> called LDP-BR (Linux Documentation Project Brazil), the
> translators used to work on Conectiva Linux, another
> distro that recently join forces with Mandrake Linux.

This is also the case of at least the French and German man pages.  They
were translated by another man page translation project.
The problem with shadow is that there were no development upstream for
some time and the distributions maintained their own version of shadow
related program/man pages.  This (with age) can explain some differences
between the translations and the current Debian English pages.

> 	The -l10n-portuguese has the final word, but I'm
> feeling that we are going to work with po4a. We just need
> some _extra_ days to update the files, is it OK for you to
> wait?

I'm sorry if you felt it as a 'deadline'.  You can of course take your
time.  I just wanted to point you that, even if the shadow package is
frozen, there is an opportunity to get translation included for Sarge.
And there is obviously an opportunity to get them after, if you simply
prefer to keep these pages, or keep them with just a simple notice that
there are some more up-to-date man pages in English.

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral