Re: Securing Debian HOW-TO translations

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 01:34:20PM -0200, André Luís Lopes wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 04:08:05PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>

> I have just checked out the latest CVS version and noticed that there's
> Alex Risicato Fagundes listed as the main translator for Portuguese.
> Although he's not listed as a *Brazilian Portuguese* translator (only as
> a Portuguese translator) I'm pretty sure he's a brazilian guy as his mail
> address (.br termination) as well as a basic reading of his previous
> translations indicates.

	Yes. Sorry, mi mistake. I should have listed him as "Brazilian
Portuguese" instead of just Portuguese.

> I'll start working on it, doing some reviews of what's already done by
> Alex, updating what needs to be updated and will send you a note when
> I'm done.

	Michelle Ribeiro said in his message to debian-l10n-portuguese that
30% of the document was finished. Could you coordinate also with him?

> Do you prefer me to send you patches based on the latest CVS versions or
> maybe you could subscribe me as a commiter on CVS ? I'm already
> subscribed as a commiter on debian-boot CVS, mainly working as the
> official translator for debian-installer's templates (sometime ago I
> also helped with boot-floppies documentation and manuals but now it all
> is managed almost completely by Gleydson Maziolli da Silva
>  - gleydson@debian.org).

	Comitting to the CVS is possible. Check please
http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs

	In any case, send me patches in the meantime.

> > > P.S.: This message is being CC'ed to
> > > debian-l10n-portuguese@lists.debian.org so people there can show up
> > > saying they are alreay working on this if that's the case.
> >
> > 	It's great to see you follow "standard procedures". I'm writting
> > you up as the main translator, in case anyone else asks for this particular
> > translation I will forward them to you :)
>
> In order to follow the above mentioned *standard procedures* I'm also
> CC'ing Alex so he could give us a clue on his translations status and
> eventually let me manage the whole thing if he's not interested anymore.

	Ok. I don't know if he is actively translating anymore...

	Javi