Re: Prioritizing sections

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:32:26PM -0300, Luis Alberto Garcia Cipriano wrote:
> Michael Bramer wrote:
>   >
>   > But I think more about this system. Maybe this is a fine solution:
>   >
>   > Get every priority a number, like:
>   > 	standard  50
>   > 	optional  40
>   > 	extra     30
>   > 	important 20
>   > 	required  10
>   > and if the package has a 'Task' add 3, if a package name start with
>   > 'lib' del 3 points. Maybe you have more rules?
>
> packages names containing '-doc' del 3 points ?

and packages names containing '-dev' del 3 points ?

> 1. The translator can send a "section sound" or "section math " or "section
> graphics" or "section games" :-) and so on, in order that he could
> translate first the packages for the area he have more knowledge. The
> server would have to:
>
>      a. Search the packages (sorted by the priority number above) and, if
> there are untranslated packages in that section, send the packages to the
> translator.
>      b. If there are no more packages in that section or the section don't
> exists send a sorry message. Or perhaps act as it wasn't "section ___" on
> the request ?

nice idea.

and I make this.

I test this with the subject line:
	GET 1 de noguide SECTION games

and it is running... jfyi from the debug output:
DEBUG get_some_untrans: count=1, lang_postfix=de
DEBUG ----select_section----
DEBUG       count games: 99
DEBUG ----weighted_keyslist----
DEBUG       count standard: -1
DEBUG       count task: 1
DEBUG       count optional: 93
DEBUG   from new db: 0161f1c1b25d938655dbe0a3e55fa317

> 2. Allowing for multiple "REQUEST package lang" clauses per request. This
> will be useful to translate packages that have similar texts (as lg-XX, or
> kernel-headers-x.x.x or kernel-sources-x.x.x). Or if the translator thinks
> that a package is so important (or he really uses it daily) that he could
> with this override the priority order above and translate -docs -devs for
> that package. (With the current implementation he could do that sending
> several RESQUEST mails, but it would be easier if only one do the work)

yes i know this problem. But with this 'subject line parser' this is a
problem.

But read the yet changed FAQ and use it.
(hint:
 use a nice bash script, like:
 for a in kernel-headers-x.x.x kernel-sources-x.x.x lg-XX
 do
 	mail -s "REQUEST $a noguide" grisu-td@auric.debian.org < /dev/null
 done
 But please use all the time the 'noguide' option in your scripts...
)

> 3. When a translator REQUEST a package that has already a translator there
> could be a "comments" field where he could write some comments (perhaps
> explaining better the changes to the original translator, when there are
> stilistic or not obvious) that will only be sent to the original translator.

Yes, I have this on my TODO list. Now you can use this hack:

!# Package priority: extra
! ts is a TeX environment similar to the DOS-TeXShell by
! Schlegelmilch. That is, you can use their short keys for editing (F3),
! composing (F6), or showing (F8). The complete list of keys is shown
! in the online help (press F1).
! .
! Menus, Keys, and Warnings are in english, but you can use german or
! english online help.
!Description-de: Eine TeXShell für Linux
! ts ist eine TeX Umgebung wie die DOS-TeXShell von Schlegelmilch. Sie
! können per Tastendruck den Text editieren (F3), übersetzen (F6) oder
! eben anschauen (F8). Die komplette Liste der Tasten werden in der
! Online Hilfe angezeigt (F1).
! .
! # this is a comment
! # use better 'Menüs' and not 'Menues', you can use
! # Umlauts in the description...
! Menüs, Tasten und Warnungen sind in English, aber Sie können eine
! deutsche oder englische Online Hilfe anzeigen lassen.

(the problem with this is:
 - this comment will store in the [p]parts db
 - if the translator don't remove this comments, this is in the desc
   db... very bad
)

But yes, we need a better technique. But I don't have a real solution.
I don't like a 'Comments:' field. Maybe better like this:
!## this is a comment
!## use better 'Menüs' and not 'Menues', you can use
!## Umlauts in the description...
! Menüs, Tasten und Warnungen sind in English, aber Sie können eine
! deutsche oder englische Online Hilfe anzeigen lassen.

Gruss
Grisu
"Manchmal ist es besser zu schweigen und die anderen glauben zu lassen, man sei
 ein Narr, als zu reden und die letzten Zweifel zu beseitigen." (L. Simpson)