Re: Devscripts

Hi :)

Sorry, but I don't speak German.  Hopefully you won't mind me barging in
here using the wrong language!

On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 10:27:43AM +0100, Reiner Herrmann wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 10:09:46AM +0100, Chris Leick wrote:
> > mir ist aufgefallen, dass Du im Feld "Last Translator" bei den devscripts
> > auftauchst. Dieses Paket habe ich bisher übersetzt. Du kannst es gerne
> > übernehmen, allerdings hätte ich es nett gefunden, wenn Du mir vorher
> > Bescheid gesagt hättest, da ich dort Korrekturen zusammen mit der deutschen
> > Übersetzungsliste von Debian eingebaut habe, siehe z.B.
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-german/2019/02/msg00136.html
>
> ich habe auf Anfrage von einem devscripts-Maintainer fehlende Strings
> übersetzt, dass z.B. für das salsa-Tool auch eine deutsche Manpage in
> Buster verfügbar ist.
> Mir war nicht bewusst, dass es für Übersetzungen auch so etwas wie
> Maintainer gibt, die dafür verantwortlich sind.
> Das "Last Translator"-Feld wurde von poedit automatisch geupdated,
> ich habe keine Absicht die Übersetzung von devscripts dauerhaft zu
> übernehmen.
> Sorry, dass ich das einfach ohne RÜckfrage übersetzt habe, ich
> kannte/kenne die üblichen Übersetzungsworkflows noch nicht.

I also wasn't aware of how are usually translations handled, so I'm
sorry I short-circuited the l10n group by asking straight to Reiner,
with which I had worked before.

However I'm not a bit lost on the current state of the German
translation of devscripts.  Chris, you have committed something that
seems to have been last updated some time ago, that upon po4a refresh
causes a lot of noise due to changes in the line length, and a few
fuzzy strings; something that Reiner's po didn't have :) (Also, I'm a
bit to blame on this last one, since I did another change breaking
translations very recently…).

Do you think somebody could have a look again at it?  There is also a
new string introduced just a few hours ago.

Also, whom should I contact for future updates of the translations, when
I feel like there should be some kind of update because it's otherwise
neglected?  As I said, I know nothing of the l10n work….

Thank you for your contributions, and sorry again if I caused unwanted
attrition.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo