Re: German-Language Wheezy DVDs for booths, installparties etc. available

On Wednesday 12 June 2013 07:03:15 Christian PERRIER wrote:

> But I always heard from german fellow developers that german
> localization is horrible, that nobody ever wants to use it, that the
> work of german translators ist nicht gut and schmekts and blablabla.

Hah, I cordially invite those people to look over our shoulder and do what we
do – translate single strings, partially with no context at all. I bet they
could do hardly better than us.

They don't even have the balls to tell us right in our face. We're sitting
here, sending around e-mails, trying to get our standard as high as possible
and from the outside world that is supposed to use our work comes … nothing.
Maybe a "you misspelled something here and there" e-mail then and when, some
developers telling us people don't like our work, but that's all. And two big
questions: Are we doing it right or not? Why not?

> So, german translators, keep up with the good work despite
> criticisms. It seems that normal people *are* using your work.

Thank you :)

But I'd prefer to get some of the criticism. Constructive. Concrete. Here, on
this list. For all I care it can also be a bug report. But I want it. It's
essential for improving our quality of work. As long as nobody tells us what's
wrong, I must assume it's OK what we are doing here and keep on doing it. And
people will keep on moaning. And nothing goes forward.

But I guess I'd stick with your advice and ignore people's moaning. Should
they do as they please, I don't care. Unless they tell me.

So long
Erik

--
Linux User: 499744