Re: German translation for d-i

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:51:41AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:18:50AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:06:34AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Well, this does *not* work. I (and others) did some translations for
> > > d.i.
> >
> > You did not follow these guidelines, so I do not see why you claim it
> > does not work.
>
> At that time (a year ago) I did not know these guidlines and I cannot
> remember having read them then.

They did not exist at that time, and this is my point.  Your experience
is that bugs filed are sometimes ignored (and indeed you could not guess
that your translation had been silently incorporated).  Basically those
guidelines have been written so that it does not happen anymore.  As
your mail seemed to imply that following these guidelines was useless,
I disagreed because I believe that this statement is wrong.

Denis