Re: German translation for d-i

Hello,
On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:18:50AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:06:34AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> [...]
> > >   * debian-installer_*_de.po are de.po files for all debian-installer
> > >     components.  Their name is obtained by replacing / by _ in file
> > >     full path (but the debian/po part is removed), e.g.
> > >     debian-installer_tools_lilo-installer_de.po is similar to
> > >     debian-installer/tools/lilo-installer/debian/po/de.po and package
> > >     name is lilo-installer, so you should file a bug against this
> > >     package.  Please flag your bugreports with the d-i tag.
> >
> > Well, this does *not* work. I (and others) did some translations for
> > d.i.
>
> You did not follow these guidelines, so I do not see why you claim it
> does not work.

At that time (a year ago) I did not know these guidlines and I cannot
remember having read them then. I did read that bugs against should be
filed against debian-installer, which I did originally. Since a few
worked then, I simply used it for this one too. Honestly, I forgot to
check if it was applied until I saw it assigned to aboot, which I help
to update currently.

<snip history>
> It was then reassigned to aboot-installer by Joey Hess on September
> 23rd, so any regular aboot-installer committer would discover that your
> translation was already incorporated if Goran Weinholt did not reassign
> it to aboot on September 28th.

How can I find out who is »any regular aboot-installer« since I really
like to contact him/her? And I was not aware of the history, I only
occasionally did an cvs update for d-i (and mainly looked at packages
which might be "forgotten" by automatic, x86centric tools, like
aboot).

> I am closing this bugreport now by Cc'ing 173016-done.

Thanks.

> Right, in such cases do not hesitate to ask again.

Ok, I know for the future, I am just not the type of guy going around
pestering people until they answer.

> Thorsten Sauter and Dennis Stampfer work on German translations, maybe
> one of them could act as a proxy if you prefer working this way.
> Each language team works according to their own rules, you have to
> find how to work together without duplication of work.

Ok, I contact them.

Greetings

Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de