Re: apt-listbugs 0.1.38: Please update the PO translation for the package apt-listbugs

O 13/11/22 ás 00:46, Francesco Poli escribiu:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 21:31:27 +0100 Parodper wrote:

[...]
Here is my version, in case he doesn't answer back.

Hello Parodper, thanks a lot for your contribution!

I have some questions.
Please take into account that I do not speak Galician, so bear with
me...

First question
--------------

#: ../bin/apt-listbugs:487
msgid ""
"APT Pre-Install-Pkgs failed to provide the expected 'VERSION 3' string.\n"
msgstr ""

Where's the translation of "expected"?
Previously, a slightly different message was translated as:

May I use this as a translation of the current message?
Or otherwise, could you please tell me how the message could be translated?

I saw the «expected» as superfluous, but now that I reread it the old translation might be more exact, so I would recommend choosing that one.

Second question
---------------

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:255
msgid "Bugs of severity %s"
msgstr "Fallos de severidade %s"

It seems to me that "severity" is translated as "gravidade" elsewhere.
I think that we should keep the translation consistent.
Is that OK, if I change the translation to the following?

msgstr "Fallos de gravidade %s"

False friend on my part, so yes that should be «gravidade».

Third question
--------------

#. TRANSLATORS: %{plist} is a comma-separated list of %{npkgs} packages to be pinned.
#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:581 ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:660
msgid ""
"The following %{npkgs} package will be pinned:\n"
" %{plist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgid_plural ""
"The following %{npkgs} packages will be pinned:\n"
" %{plist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgstr[0] ""
"%{npkgs} paquete vaise fixar:\n"
" %{plist}"
msgstr[1] ""
"%{npkgs} paquetes vanse fixar:\n"
" %{plist}"

#. TRANSLATORS: %{blist} is a comma-separated list of %{nbugs} bugs to be dodged.
#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:619
msgid ""
"The following %{nbugs} bug will be dodged:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgid_plural ""
"The following %{nbugs} bugs will be dodged:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgstr[0] ""
"Vaise evitar %{nbugs} fallo:\n"
" %{blist}"
msgstr[1] ""
"Vanse evitar %{nbugs} fallos:\n"
" %{blist}"

Where is the translation of "following" ?

I see it implied with the «:», so I wouldn't include it.

Where is the translation of "Are you sure?" ?

Same thing as the first question. This one should also be kept

May I change the translations to the following ones?

msgstr[0] ""
"O seguinte %{npkgs} paquete vaise fixar:\n"
" %{plist}\n"
"Quere confirmar?"
msgstr[1] ""
"Os seguintes %{npkgs} paquetes vanse fixar:\n"
" %{plist}\n"
"Quere confirmar?"

msgstr[0] ""
"O seguinte %{nbugs} fallo vaise evitar:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Quere confirmar?"
msgstr[1] ""
"Os seguintes %{nbugs} fallos vanse evitar:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Quere confirmar?"

Fourth question
---------------

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:706
msgid ""
"     c     - compose bug lists in HTML.\n"
msgstr ""
"     c     - xerar lista de fallos en formato HTML.\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:708
msgid ""
"     w     - display bug lists in HTML\n"
"             (uses %{prog} as user %{user}).\n"
msgstr ""
"     w     - amosar lista de fallos coma HTML\n"
"             (usará %{prog} co usuario %{user}).\n"

Why is the translation of "in HTML" different?

To have a little variation. The meaning is the same.

May I change the second translation into the following?

msgstr ""
"     w     - amosar lista de fallos en formato HTML\n"
"             (usará %{prog} co usuario %{user}).\n"

Fifth question
--------------

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:713
msgid ""
" d <num>.. - dodge bugs <num> by pinning affected packages\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" d <num>.. - evitar os fallos <num> ao fixar os paquetes pertinentes\n"
"             (reinicie a sesión de APT para activalo).\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:714
msgid ""
" d b<id>.. - dodge bugs identified by <id> by pinning affected packages\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" d b<id>.. - evite os fallos indicados por <id> ao fixar os paquetes\n"
"             pertinentes\n"
"             (reinicie a sesión de APT para activalo).\n"

Is the translation of the command "dodge" consistent?
It seems to me that the infinitive of the verb has been used elsewhere
(for instance: "fixar", "amosar", "xerar", ...).
Why has "dodge" been translated as "evitar" in the first translation
and as "evite" in the second one?

May I change the second translation to the following?

msgstr ""
" d b<id>.. - evitar os fallos indicados por <id> ao fixar os paquetes\n"
"             pertinentes\n"
"             (reinicie a sesión de APT para activalo).\n"

Yes, that is something that I must have missed when proofreading.

Please reply to these questions, so that I can improve the translation.

Thanks for your time and patience!