Re: Page d'état automatique (was: (forw) Re: String freeze (was Re: Debian Debconf Translation: Compromise))

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:15:57 +0100
barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:54:30AM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> [...]
> > What we have now, works quite OK. It could be a little optimized in
> > some parts, we should add some more error-checking, etc. But it
> > wouldn't have to take up too much time to set it up for other
> > language teames.
>
> So what needs to be done to have French pages as well?

Well, you use other tags, I will have to add that, but that's easy.
Wouldn't be optimal to use different tags for all languages though...
Also I would have to see if you use the precise same syntax as we do.
Further you need a MySQL-database, another database-server would also be
OK I guess, but I know MySQL, so I used that. Then you need an email
address that gets subscribed too the list and passes it on to the
script.
All this is not to much trouble, I could run it on my own little
server. It would of course be better if it was done on a debian one
where it's easier to work on it together, have better bandwidth, it
just scales better. The only problem with that is that I'm not a DD,
maybe I should re-start the process to become one ...

grts Tim