Re: Finnish manpages orphaned

Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
On 2006-03-06T19:22:17+0200, kink@squirrelmail.org wrote:
I recently did an upload for the manpages-fi package, which has been
orphaned. I tidied up the packaging a bit so it's acceptable for our
current standards, but since I'm Dutch not Finnish, I did not touch the
actual content of the package which has gone unchanged since 5 years
now.

Actually I have had on a long time project trying to revive the
translations. Actually the Finnish translations in the package are
very bad quality and also very old. There has been Alioth project
registered for the man page translations, but I haven't had very much
time for this project.

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-manpages-fi/

There is also some of the reported bugs fixed in that repository, but
much more cleanup is needed....

Hmm, I've been trying to pick up courage (not to mention time & energy) to get at least slightly involved in some Debian efforts. I must admit that this sounds slightly larger than I had thought, but maybe I would feel up to challenge if I proceed in the Debian packaging "school" a friend of mine does. Consider this a hesitant "perhaps I could do at least something if nobody better shows up" from a dark corner... Might be better if I got started with doing some translation work and then maybe became a package maintainer at a later date, if that would work for Tommi? Anyone else interested at all?

--
Leena "Droidy" Romppainen