Re: Finnish manpages orphaned

On 2006-03-06T19:22:17+0200, kink@squirrelmail.org wrote:
> I recently did an upload for the manpages-fi package, which has been
> orphaned. I tidied up the packaging a bit so it's acceptable for our
> current standards, but since I'm Dutch not Finnish, I did not touch the
> actual content of the package which has gone unchanged since 5 years
> now.

Actually I have had on a long time project trying to revive the
translations. Actually the Finnish translations in the package are
very bad quality and also very old. There has been Alioth project
registered for the man page translations, but I haven't had very much
time for this project.

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-manpages-fi/

There is also some of the reported bugs fixed in that repository, but
much more cleanup is needed....

--
Tommi Vainikainen