Re: [RFR] wml://www.debian.org/international/dutch/index.en.html

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for your review. It improved things a lot.

At one place in the draft some sentences were so poorly formulated that
it was impossible for you to even guess what was meant therein. I'm
talking about the following sequence:

Justin B Rye schreef op do 28-07-2016 om 14:03 [+0100]:
> Frans Spiesschaert wrote:
> > #use wml::debian::template title="Translation project: Debian in Dutch"
> >
> > # The content of this page is completely the responsibility of
> > # the Debian Dutch l10n Team

<snip>

> > 	<li>Application software (po strings)
>
> Interestingly impossible word order.  Try "are themselves taking".
>
> > 	the translation of the software they write or leave it with an initiative for the translation
>
> This needs at least a comma before the "or".
>
> > 	of free software, such as <a href="https://translationproject.org/";>The Translation Project</a>
> > 	or other similar initiatives. In such cases the upstream sources that are
> > 	used by Debian package maintainers already come with translations included.
> > 	Nevertheless the Dutch translation of application software is far from being
> > 	completed. And for some specific pieces of software Debian has in fact
> > 	to be seen as the main or only upstream developer, so that no external
>
> Awkward, but shift "in fact" to after the "as" and somehow it works.
>
> > 	body takes care of its translation. It is always a good habit to
> > 	submit translations for application software that are made or
>
> Wait, is this the software that's being "made"?  'Wares are mass
> nouns, and never plural.  "Application software that is made..."
>
> > 	completed within the context of a Debian localisation team,
>
> What is "made or completed" distinguishing between?
>
> Surplus comma... this sentence is getting hard to follow.
>
> > 	not only to the Debian package maintainer
> > 	but also to the upstream developer itself.</p>
>
> The developer is an *itself*?
>
> Reorganise: "For application software made within the context of a
> Debian localisation team, it is always a good habit to submit
> translations not only to the Debian package maintainer but also to the
> upstream developer."

Below is a new attempt:

<li>Application software (po strings)
	coordination of the translation of the software they write, or
	leave it with an initiative for the translation of free
	software, such as <a href="https://translationproject.org/";>The
	Translation Project</a> or other similar initiatives. In such
	cases the upstream sources that are used by Debian package
	maintainers already come with translations included.
	Nevertheless the Dutch translation of application software is
	far from being completed. And for some specific pieces of
	software Debian has to be seen as in fact the main or only
	upstream developer (native Debian software), so that no external
	body takes care of its translation.
	In case a translation was made by a Debian localisation team for
	a piece of non-native application software, then it is a good
	habit to submit the translation not only to the Debian package
	maintainer but also to the upstream developer.</p>
</li>

Thanks,
Frans

P.S. Would you also be as kind (if possible) as to take a look at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2016/07/msg00005.html.
It has another (much smaller) file for review.