Re: Request to review templates of OpenStack-related packages

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:51:27 +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:

(I replied to this message but no e-mail came through... resending)

> Matías Bellone wrote:
>> All these comments are based on the updated files from August 16th:
>>
>> - received at debian-l10n-spanish@l.d.o:
>> * nova [1]
>> * keystone [2]
>> * glance [3]
>>
>> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-spanish/2013/08/msg00006.html
>> [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-spanish/2013/08/msg00005.html
>> [3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-spanish/2013/08/msg00004.html
>
> Keystone and glance might need some mopping up of inconsistencies, but
> Nova at least needs a full d-l-e review.

(...)

I have a couple of suggestions for "glance" (I'm the current Spanish
translator):

msgid ""
" - the server host name (that server must allow TCP connections from this
\n"
"   machine);\n"
" - a username and password to access the database.\n"
" - A database type that you want to use."
 ^  ^

1/ There's a leading whitespace before the dash, is that okay?

2/ Uppercase/lowercase usage should be consistent (keep the first
character, all in uppercase or lowercase but not mixed).

msgid ""
"Enter the IP address of your keystone server, so that glance-api can
contact "
"Keystone to do the Glance service and endpoint creation."

By "do the Glance service" what do you exactly mean here? This one sounds
a bit fuzzy from a translator's POV, I mean, given that "to do" verb is
an auxiliary one it can be translated to almost anything, it would be
great if the action could be tuned a bit more (e.g., "start",
"initialize", "setup", "perform", "realize"... and so on).

>> I know it was mostly a cosmetic change. It just so happens that we had
>> a discussion about that term in the the debian-l10n-spanish list
>> because different people translated it differently on other templates
>> before I happened to check the keystone template where that comment
>> was.
>
> We had a lot of fun (translation: annoyance) with "tenants" in this
> thread:
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2013/06/msg00094.html

Interesting thread.

I wonder what motivated the change (project → tenant) and why the author
chose this specific term which in English only has a specific meaning
with not many parallelisms with the old one ("project").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón