Re: lacie-uboot : Please review the description

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Maxime Hadjinlian wrote:
> [...]
>>     LaCie newgen network storage products offer a U-Boot netconsole.
>
> I've been looking for any sign of anyone else referring to LaCie
> producing "newgen" products, and I don't see any.  In fact the top
> google hit for "LaCie newgen" is comparing two different products, one
> branded as "LaCie" and the other as "Newgen".  If the word is supposed
> to mean just "up-to-date" then probably it should be left out, to
> avoid confusion in five years time when lacie-uboot only works with
> "oldgen" products...
I was not sure about the term either.
LaCie has a very poor naming for its products and so you can find the
d2Network for example and also the d2Network v2.
Actually, this software only works with v2 product. I don't want to
specify v2 as it will surely work with the v3 product...
So maybe just drop this work and that's it ? (Nevermind, I didn't see
you dropped it already)

>>     This package provides a collection of tools to access this netconsole:
>>         * lacie-uboot-shell - a simple way to connect and interact with
>>           U-Boot netconsole using only a network cable.
>>         * lacie-nas-updater - a script to update your product bootloader or firmware
>>           using lacie-uboot-shell.
>>           Requires a TFTP server.
>
> Once it falls below three items you can't really call it a
> "collection" of tools - I wouldn't normally bother making it a
> bulleted list, either, but never mind.
Okey, didn't knew that.
> Making the wording a bit less
> repetitive and adjusting the indent, what I end up with is this
> (presented as it would appear in the control file):
>
> Package: lacie-uboot
> Architecture: all
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
> Recommends: sometfpd
>  LaCie network storage products offer a U-Boot netconsole, which can
>  be accessed using the tools provided in this package:
>   * lacie-uboot-shell - a simple interactive client which can connect
>     to the U-Boot netconsole using only a network cable;
>   * lacie-nas-updater - a script to update your product bootloader
>     or firmware using lacie-uboot-shell (requires a TFTP server).

Seems great to me, thanks !
If it's okey with everyone, I'll use this description and name for my
package (and adjust all the names and manuals).
By the way, should the manual of the package be reviewed here too ?