Re: [RFR] English debconf templates uim-ajax-ime and uim-social-ime

Hi,

Thank you for your reviewing.

Formerly, I said renaming uim-m17nlib to uim-m17n,
but uim packaging team dropped this decision.
Its name makes the confusion between m17n function and m17n plugin,
and uim is hard-coded "m17nlib" to use m17n library.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:01:55AM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> >  This package is a dummy convenience package designed to install the basic
> >  uim infrastructure. It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
> >  uim is not specific to any languages. To use an input method, you need to
> >  install one of the following packages:
>
> Strictly speaking it doesn't need to be one of the listed packages; I
> might want the X-SAMPA input method, for instance.  It should either
> say:
>
>                        It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
>    uim is not specific to any one language. To use a language-specific
>    input method, you need to install one of the following packages:
>
> Or (avoiding the implication that even individual input methods are
> necessarily tied to particular languages, and making the list
> explicitly non-exhaustive):
>
>                        It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
>    uim is not limited to one input method. Packages are available for
>    various input methods, including the following:

I choose later one.

> >   * Japanese input method
>
> This one should either be "Japanese input methods", plural, or maybe
> each of these lines should only give the language name -
>
>     * Japanese
>
> (If only because we are repeating "input method" rather a lot!)

Removed "input method".

> >   * Many other languages input method
> >    - uim-m17n: M17n plugin for uim.
>
> "Many other languages input method" doesn't quite work, but if you
> drop "input method" it's okay.  If not, you could call it
> "Multilingual input method".

I pick "Multilingual input method".

I committed below description.

 This package is a dummy convenience package designed to install the basic
 uim infrastructure.  It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
 uim is not limited to one input method. Packages are available for
 various input methods, including the following:
  * Japanese
   - uim-anthy: Anthy plugin for uim;
   - uim-canna: Canna plugin for uim;
   - uim-prime: PRIME plugin for uim;
   - uim-skk:   SKK plugin for uim.
  * Chinese
   - uim-pinyin: Pinyin input support for uim.
  * Korean
   - uim-byeoru: Byeoru input support for uim.
  * Multilingual input method
   - uim-m17n: M17n plugin for uim.
Regards,
	dai

GPG Fingerprint = 0B29 D88E 42E6 B765 B8D8 EA50 7839 619D D439 668E