Re: [RFR] English debconf templates uim-ajax-ime and uim-social-ime

Hi,

Thank you for your reviewing.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 01:55:22PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Here's a work-in-progress patch against the full control file; it
> still needs work, hence the inline comments.  I can give you a
> cleaned-up and expanded version if you can give me some
> explanations...

Here is current debian/control file.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/uim.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=7e8f08640562b8eee5b3604fb12ebd668716e697;hb=f089c29c732b0c7f8dbf5911661d971e236d9ea4

	:
> - This package contains a common files for uim packages.
> + This package contains common files for the UIM packages.

Upstream says "uim" is not "UIM".  So, I did s/UIM/uim/g.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/uim/2006-November/001645.html
> Yes, it is defined as an acronym of "Universal Input
> Method". But 'uim' is the official form as a proper noun. So
> please use the all lower-case form even if in a context that
> 'perl' should be written as 'Perl'.

> +# but what does the "Pinyin [...] Hangul [...]" bit actually mean?

Do you mean "Why do Pinyin and Hangul have explanation such as Chinese/Korean
input method? Anthy, SKK, Canna and T-Code/TUT-Code are just proper noun"?
Do I have to add explanation for all input methods?
Or remove Pinyin and Hangul explanations?

	:
> - This package contains a input method module on GTK+2.0.
> + This package contains an IM-module for GTK+2.0.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains an IM-module for GTK+2.0.
You can use uim on GTK+2.0 applications.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package is a FEP (Front End Processor) on curses.
> + This package provides a curses front end for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package provides a curses front end for uim.
You can use uim on console.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains Anthy plugin for uim.
> + This package contains an Anthy plugin for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains an Anthy plugin for uim.
You can use Japanese input method Anthy on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains Canna plugin for uim.
> + This package contains a Canna plugin for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains a Canna plugin for uim.
You can use Japanese input method Canna on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains SKK plugin for uim.
> + This package contains an SKK plugin for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains an SKK plugin for uim.
You can use Japanese input method SKK on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains PRIME plugin for uim.
> + This package contains a PRIME plugin for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains a PRIME plugin for uim.
You can use Japanese input method PRIME on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains m17nlib plugin for uim.
> + This package contains an m17nlib plugin for UIM.
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package contains an m17nlib plugin for uim.
You can input text supported by m17nlib on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> + This package provides UIM support for byeoru hangul.
> +# "byeoru" means "inkstone", which is no help
> +# WHAT IS THAT AND WHY SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

-----------------------------------
This package provides uim support for byeoru hangul.
You can use Korean input method byeoru on uim.
-----------------------------------

	:
> + This package provides UIM support for multiple Hangul input styles: 2-beol,
> + 3-beol, and Romaja.
> +# whatever that is; at least it's obvious who'd use it

2-beol, 3-beol and Romaja are Hangul input styles,
but I do not know what their's details are.
I think it is enough description...

	:
> - This package contains Latin and Germanic languages input style for uim.
> + This package provides UIM support for languages written in Latin scripts.
> +# composing diacritics?  Does it cover Icelandic?  Rumanian?  Czech?

I think uim-latin supports composing diacritics
and covers Icelandic from uim-latin's configulation.
But it does not cover Rumanian and Czech from it, I think.

There is no document for uim-latin (ELatin).

http://code.google.com/p/uim/wiki/WhatsUIM

	:
> - This package contains Pinyin input method(Simplified Chinese, Traditional
> - Chinese and Unicode) for uim.
> + This package provides UIM support for pinyin input (for Simplified or
> + Traditional Chinese).
> +# the Unicode reference seems like a level error

uim-pinyin has three input methods: py (Simplified Chinese),
pyunihan (Unicode) and pinyin-big5 (Traditional Chinese).

-----------------------------------
This package provides uim support for pinyin input: py (Simplified Chinese),

	:
> + This package provides UIM support for T-Code/TUT-Code/Try-Code input (for
> + Japanese).
> +# for kanji, though how it works is a mystery...

Here is the unofficial T-Code information page in English.
http://www.ki.nu/~makoto/tcode/

-----------------------------------
This package provides uim support for T-Code/TUT-Code/Try-Code input.
T-Code/TUT-Code/Try-Code is a kind of direct input method of Japanese
with two strokes - see http://openlab.jp/tcode/ (Japanese).
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains Vietnamese Quoted-Readable input style for uim.
> + This package provides UIM support for Vietnamese Quoted-Readable input.
> +# whatever that is; at least it's obvious who'd use it

-----------------------------------
This package provides uim support for VIQR (Vietnamese Quoted-Readable)
input. VIQR is a mnemonic encoding of Vietnamese characters into US ASCII
for use on 7-bit systems - see RFC1456.
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains International Phonetic Alphabet (X-SAMPA) input style
> - for uim.
> + This package provides UIM support for International Phonetic Alphabet input
> + using X-SAMPA.
> +# well, everybody knows what that is, right?

----------------------------------
This package provides uim support for IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
input using X-SAMPA (Extended Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet)
see http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/sampa/x-sampa.htm
-----------------------------------

	:
> - This package contains Yahoo-JP (Web API) input style for uim.
> - See: http://developer.yahoo.co.jp/webapi/jlp/jim/v1/conversion.html
> + This package provides UIM support for Japanese input via the Yahoo-JP web
> + API - see http://developer.yahoo.co.jp/webapi/jlp/jim/v1/conversion.html
> +# seeing that page won't help if I can't read Japanese
> +# I see no "https" here - doesn't this need a warning too?
> +# it's completely unclear what a web Input Method Environment is

There is no English page for Yahoo-JP (Web API).
It does not support "https", so I add warning.

This package provides uim support for Japanese input via the Yahoo-JP web
API - see http://developer.yahoo.co.jp/webapi/jlp/jim/v1/conversion.html
Note that all requests to the Yahoo-JP server go over the Internet
unencrypted.
--
Regards,
	dai

GPG Fingerprint = 0B29 D88E 42E6 B765 B8D8 EA50 7839 619D D439 668E