Re: [RFR] templates://kstars-data-extra-tycho2/{templates}

Noel David Torres Taño wrote:

>>> for instance to download other datafiles
>>
>> Since it's clearly labelled as a "for instance" we're free to pick a
>> specific illustrative type of data file to use as our example.  The
>> only reason I can see why you might want to avoid "data from other
>> catalogs" here is if that isn't in fact an option - have I
>> misunderstood?
>
> Could we remove the "for instance"? This template will be used too in other
> packages, several of them having no catalog data at all, but datafiles of
> other kinds, so "other" will be inadequate when there is no "this catalog".

Yes, that makes sense now.  So it could be:

  * disable - individual users can re-enable data downloads (to
    download other data files) in their .kstarsrc;

or maybe:

  * disable - individual users can re-enable data downloads in their
    .kstarsrc, to download other data files;

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I thought about a typical use case (the one that twice triggered me to
>>> create this package): a computer room, where installation of packages is
>>> centralized on the sysop
>>
>> Talking about a centralised install risks making it sound as if the
>> admin was installing kstars on the server and the users were running
>> clients on their individual workstations.  Instead it's "centralised"
>> in the sense of being registered in the package database (instead of
>> living in a user home directories), and as far as Debian package
>> descriptions are concerned that's just the default.
>
> The normal behaviour of KStars data files are being decentralized. Could
> phrase be "Centralized install of Tycho2 star catalog for KStars"?

We might try to get that stated more prominently in the long
description, but the fact that this Debian package is providing data
in a *packaged* form isn't worth mentioning in a synopsis, any more
than kstars itself needs to say "desktop planetarium that works on a
computer".