Re: [RFR] templates://kstars-data-extra-tycho2/{templates}

Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
>>    KStars has a download feature allowing users to download extra data
>>    files for their own use. Since packaged catalogs can be handled more
>>    efficiently by installing a single central copy, you may wish to
>>    restrict the use of this feature.
>>    .
>>     * enable - users will be able to download data files;
>>     * disable - individual users can re-enable data downloads (for
>>       instance to download data from other catalogs);
> for instance to download other datafiles

Since it's clearly labelled as a "for instance" we're free to pick a
specific illustrative type of data file to use as our example.  The
only reason I can see why you might want to avoid "data from other
catalogs" here is if that isn't in fact an option - have I
misunderstood?

>>     * lock - users cannot enable data downloads.
>>
>> (Oh, handily I've anticipated the s/Tycho2//.)
>
> Cool, i very much liked this rewording. Should we say that "individual users
> can re-enable data downloads _by tweaking their .kstarsrc files_"?

Oh, there's no GUI way of doing it?  This is information that needs to
get to the individual users rather than the admin doing the install...

> [...]
>>
>> It isn't a "centralized install of KStars"; in fact I can't find an
>> accurate explanation that fits in the synopsis, so save it for the
>> long description.  Oh, and google tells me "Tycho-2" with a hyphen.
>
> I thought about a typical use case (the one that twice triggered me to create
> this package): a computer room, where installation of packages is centralized
> on the sysop

Talking about a centralised install risks making it sound as if the
admin was installing kstars on the server and the users were running
clients on their individual workstations.  Instead it's "centralised"
in the sense of being registered in the package database (instead of
living in a user home directories), and as far as Debian package
descriptions are concerned that's just the default.