Re: Modified debconf strings for dictionaries-common

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:41:04PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Agustin Martin wrote:
> > dictionaries-common/default-wordlist:

> >  Selected wordlist will be used as "/usr/share/dict/words" by linking
> >  to it. Use "Manual symlinks setting" if you want to handle that symlink
> >  yourself.
> >  .
> >  You can change the default wordlist at any time by running
> >  "select-default-wordlist".

>    Please indicate which spell-checking wordlist the "/usr/share/dict/words"
>    symlink should point to. Use "Manual symlinks setting" if you want to
>    handle that symlink yourself.
>    .
>    The default wordlist can be changed at any time by running
>    "select-default-wordlist".

Suggested ispell strings look excellent to me, thanks.

I am still thinking about wordlists strings. Since wordlists can also be
used for things different from spell-checking, like password strength
estimation, and there are more suitable tools for spell-checking, I would not
put all strength in spell-checking.

I am thinking about

 Please indicate which list of dictionary words the
 "/usr/share/dict/words" symlink should point to.
 Use "Manual symlink setting" if you want to handle that symlink
 yourself.
 .
 The default wordlist can be changed at any time by running
 "select-default-wordlist".

which still seems to keep everything in a single screen in normal consoles.

I have also been thinking about something more explanatory, but it will need
two screens in normal consoles (as already happens with ispell new prompt),

 "/usr/share/dict" directory contains newline delimited lists of
 dictionary words. They are useful for word search and basic
 spell-checking, being "/usr/share/dict/words" the default wordlist
 for programs like look.
 .
 Please indicate which wordlist the "/usr/share/dict/words"
 symlink should point to. Use "Manual symlink setting" if you want to
 handle that symlink yourself.
 .
 The default wordlist can be changed at any time by running
 "select-default-wordlist".

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

--